Start-up India is an initiative taken by the government of India. This campaign was announced by the Prime Minister Narendera Modi ON 15TH of August 2015.
The objective of this scheme is –
- Funding support and incentives
- Industry academia and partnership and incubation
- Simplification and handholding
Under this initiative, government helping Indians entrepreneurs to build 10 lakh mobile app start-ups, and MUDRA bank scheme, the motive behind this to provide micro finance, low interest rate loans to entrepreneurs from low socio economic background. Initial capital 20000 crore has been distributed for this scheme. The startup should be focused on improving/innovative existing products, services, and processes and having the potential to create jobs and income.
Note: The entity shall be considered as a startup only for ten years from the date of its incorporation.
Start Up India Scheme Benefits
- There are 10000 crore startup funding pool
- It helps in Improve Bankruptcy Code, to ensure 90-day exit window
- Freedom from inspection for the first 3 years of operation.
- Provide Freedom from capital gain tax for the first 3 years.
- Self- certification compliances
- Provides 80% rebate on patent filing
- Provides 50% rebate on trademark filing
Lex N Tax Associates provides all the benefits of start up india scheme and gives best service of start up india.
Let’s discuss each and every benefit in detail
(1) Fund of Funds for Startups
To assist equity funding support for development and growth of innovative enterprises, the government has set aside a fund of 10,000 crores managed by SIDBI. The nature of Fund of Funds, which means that the Government participates in the capital of SEBI registered Venture Funds, who further invest in Startups
(2) Tax Exemption for 3 years
The profits of recognized Startups are exempted from income-tax for a period of 3 years out of 7 years since incorporation. This aims at facilitating growth of business and meeting the working capital requirements during the initial years of operations
(3) Self-Certification under Labour and Environment Laws
To reduce the regulatory burden on Startups thereby allowing them to focus on their business & keep compliance cost low, Startups are allowed to self-certify their compliance for a period of 5 years from the date of incorporation.
Start Up India Scheme Eligibility
There is a define start up india scheme eligibility
- The startup must be registered as a private company and limited liability partnership , registered partnership firm.
- The startup must not be older than 5 years as the effected date of startup.
- The annual turnover of the startup must not be more than 25 crore.
- The startup must not be a product of restructuring (A business formed out but splitting the organization into two more businesses, won’t be eligible for this scheme).
Who Is Not Eligible For Startup India
There is define who is not eligible for startup india
- Sole proprietorship
- Firm constituted by notary partnership deed
- If annual turnover exceeds INR 100 crore
- The company must be older than 10 years
Documents Required For Startup India Registration
- Registration certificate
- Director details
- Patent and trademark details(optional)
- Authorization letter
- Aadhar of the authorized signatory
Startup Registration Steps
- First, Incorporate your business
- Next, Register with startup India
- Then Get DPIIT recognition
- Then, Recognition application
- After That, Documentation for registration
- After That, Recognition number
- (If)Other areas
Lex N Tax Associates helps you in start up india registration, and gives best service of start up india.
Now Let’s Discuss The Startup Registration Steps In Details
(1) Incorporate Your Business
Firstly, you would have to incorporate your business as a private limited company or a partnership firm or a limited liability partnership. You have to follow all the normal procedure for registration of any business like submitting the registration process application and obtaining the certificate of incorporation /partnership registration.
By filing the registration application to a registrar of company (ROC) of any region.
You can establish a partnership firm by filing the application for registration of your firm with the registrar of firm of any area. You need to submit the required document and fee to the registrar of companies or registrar of firms along with the registration application
(2) start up india registration process
- The business must be register as a startup, You have to visit the startup India website.
- First enter your NAME, EMAIL ID MOBILE NUMBER, PASSWORD and click on the ‘register’ button.
- Next enter the OTP which is sent on your email.id and other details like, the type of user, name and stage of the startup, etc. and click on the ‘submit’ button. After entering the details, the Startup India profile is created.
- Your profile is created on the website, startup can apply for various acceleration, mentorship programmes and other challenges on the website along with getting access to resources like learning and developing program, government schemes, state polices for startup. Lex N Tax Associates helps you in start up india registration
(3) Get Dpiit Recognition (Department For Promotion Of Industry And Internal Trade)
The next step after creating profile on the startup India website is to avail the (DPIIT) recognition. The recognition helps the startup to avail benefits like access to high-quality intellectual property service and resource, relaxation in public procurement norms, self- certification under labour and environment laws, easy winding of company, access to fund of funds, tax exemption for 3 consecutive years and taxes exemption on investment above fair market value.
For getting DPIIT recognition, log with your registered profile (account) credential on the startup India website and click on the ‘DPIIT’ recognition for startups’ button.
(4) Recognition application
On the ‘startup recognition form’, you need to files the details such as the entity details, authorized representative details, director/partner details, information required, startup activities and self-certification. Click on the plus sign on the right-hand side of the form and fill all the essential details on the form.
After entering all the section of the ‘startup recognition form’ accept the terms and condition and click on the ‘submit’ button.
(5) Recognition number
On applying you will get a recognition number for your startup. The certificate of recognition will be issued after the examination of all documents which is usually done within 2 days after submitting the details online.
However, be careful while uploading the documents. if an subsequent verification, it is found to be obtained that the required document is not uploaded/wrong uploaded or a then you shall be liable to a fine of 50% of your paid-up capital of the startup within the minimum fine of 25000
(6) Other areas
Patent, trademark and /or design registration: if you need a patents for your innovation or a trademark for your business, you can easily approach any from the list of facilitators issued by the government. You will need to bear only the statutory fees thus getting an 80% reduction in fees.
Funding: One of the key challenges faced by many startup has been accessing finance. Due to lack of experience, security or exiting cash flows, entrepreneurs fail to attract investors. Besides the high-risk nature of startups, as a significant percentage fail to talk off, put of many investors.
In order to provide funding support, the government support has to set up a fund with an initial corpus of Indian rupee 2500 crore and a total corpus of Indian rupee 10,000 crore over a period of 4 years (i.e indian rupee 2500 crore per year).
Self-certification is provide to reduced regulatory burden thereby allowing them to focus on their core business. Startup are allowed to self- certify their compliances under six labour laws and three environment law for a period of 3 to 5 year from the date of incorporation.
Units operating under 36 white category industries as published on the website of the central pollution control board do not required clearance under 3 environment- related acts for 3 years.
Tax exemption : startup are exempted from income tax for 3 years. But to avail these benefit they must be certificate by their inter-ministered board (IMB). The startups which has been incorporated after 1st April 2016 can or liable for the income tax exemption, start up india services at Lex N Tax Associates.
Why Choose Lex N Tax Associates?
- Lex N Tax Associates strives to fulfill your requirement by providing services in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Today’s Business world demands quality professional services and meet the demands of increasingly complex business environment, Lex N Tax Associates is know for the Best start up india services.
- Lex N Tax Associates Help in registering in start up india. For us, quality is synonymous with aiming to embody highest standards of professional excellence.
- Our professionals comprise a talented group of multifunctional industry specialists dedicated to helping clients regarding start up india registration, start up india scheme, what is start up india scheme etc.
~By Aanchal Sharma